When should I use Snipcart to sell online?
As developers, we want to have 100% control over the look and feel of the shopping cart and the product catalogue. We want to be able to display and publish the products in a seamless manner that respects the brand and the design of the website.
When using Snipcart, you have access to a shopping cart that is pure HTML/CSS, injected directly into your website's source code. You basically turn any links in your HTML into buyable buttons you display on your product pages. Those buttons will make our shopping cart pop. The cart itself can be skinned and customized by any developer: there are no creative limits! And since the checkout process is injected into your website, the customer never leaves your website and goes through a seamless navigating and shopping experience.
The catalogue and products, on the other hand, are managed within your CMS or static site generator, like any page and content type you already use and manage. So adding a product page basically means adding content. This means Snipcart will work seamlessly both on traditional CMS like WordPress and modern site generators like Gatsby or Nuxt.
So yes, Snipcart does require a minimum of HTML and CSS knowledge, and it’s certainly not a service that suits everybody. We’ve built Snipcart as developers and we know that it’ll be more suitable for developers who want to offer simple shopping carts to their customers without compromising the CMS or design of the whole online shop.
- Can I build a new website with Snipcart?
- When should I use Snipcart to sell online?
- What programming skills do I need to set up Snipcart?
- How can I sell Snipcart to non-technical users?
- Do I need an SSL/HTTPS certificate installed on my website?
- Can I use Snipcart with WordPress?
- How can I suggest new features?
- Can I test Snipcart for free?
- Do you handle recurring payments & subscriptions?
- Does Snipcart offer a merchant dashboard?
- Can I sell digital goods with Snipcart?
Standard & custom pricing
- How do Standard & "I am special" pricings work?
- Why do you charge a minimal monthly fee of $10 on the Standard plan?
- If I make no sales, will I pay the $10 minimal monthly fee on the Standard plan?
- Do you offer discounts for high-volume sales?
- What are your rates for non-profit organizations?
- How much will it cost me to use Snipcart?
- Which languages are supported by Snipcart?
- Which currencies are supported by Snipcart?
- In which countries is Snipcart available?
- Can I set up crowdfunding with Snipcart?
- How can I cancel my account?
- Which browsers does Snipcart support?
- I'm a developer; how should I set up Snipcart for my client?
- How can I manage inventory for my store?
- How do I handle chargebacks with Snipcart?
Join 20 000+ developers & merchants. Testing is forever free, no credit card required.