What programming skills do I need to set up Snipcart?
What you need to know is this: yes, integrating Snipcart with your website will require a basic amount of programming skills, whether they’re yours or somebody else’s.
HTML: Basic Snipcart set up
A minimal knowledge of HTML will be needed in order to get Snipcart (and your awesome new e-commerce site) up and running. You’ll need to be able to add and remove some HTML content from a web page. If you’re using a CMS, having direct access to your code so you can modify it will be key. Essentially, HTML manipulations will allow you to define and create buy buttons for your products.
As for the CSS, well, all your cart’s visual customization depends on it. You’ll need to understand CSS in order to customize the look, feel, dimensions and user experience of your own shopping cart.
But don’t worry, we’re a bunch of good guys over here at Snipcart, and we’ll be happy to help you and hopefully guide your decision-making process towards the right path. So if you’ve got doubts or questions about anything regarding Snipcart’s technical integration, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if you’re looking for some more in-depth explanations and examples, go ahead and look up our comprehensive documentation section.
- Can I build a new website with Snipcart?
- When should I use Snipcart to sell online?
- What programming skills do I need to set up Snipcart?
- How can I sell Snipcart to non-technical users?
- Do I need an SSL/HTTPS certificate installed on my website?
- Can I use Snipcart with WordPress?
- How can I suggest new features?
- Can I test Snipcart for free?
- Do you handle recurring payments & subscriptions?
- Does Snipcart offer a merchant dashboard?
- Can I sell digital goods with Snipcart?
Standard & custom pricing
- How do Standard & "I am special" pricings work?
- Why do you charge a minimal monthly fee of $10 on the Standard plan?
- If I make no sales, will I pay the $10 minimal monthly fee on the Standard plan?
- Do you offer discounts for high-volume sales?
- What are your rates for non-profit organizations?
- How much will it cost me to use Snipcart?
- Which languages are supported by Snipcart?
- Which currencies are supported by Snipcart?
- In which countries is Snipcart available?
- Can I set up crowdfunding with Snipcart?
- How can I cancel my account?
- Which browsers does Snipcart support?
- I'm a developer; how should I set up Snipcart for my client?
- How can I manage inventory for my store?
- How do I handle chargebacks with Snipcart?
Join 20 000+ developers & merchants. Testing is forever free, no credit card required.