How can I sell Snipcart to non-technical users?
Generally speaking, developers dig Snipcart. It's a technical, clean and customizable e-commerce solution. By reading our code and looking at integration demos, they can see for themselves how good an e-commerce option our cart really is.
Unfortunately, this smooth communication phenomenon doesn't happen as much when non-technical individuals stumble upon Snipcart. But we know how important it is for developers to justify their choices of tech to non-technical clients. So here’s a quick guide to selling Snipcart to these users.
1. Vulgarize & turn technical features into tangible benefits. Example? Time = money. Since Snipcart is directly injected inside a website's code using pure HTML/JS, the shopping cart integration can be done very quickly. This is even truer if the client already has a website he wants to keep.
Another example? Infinite customization. With a few lines of CSS, you can make our pop-up shopping cart match your website's colors and branding. For the client, this means you can adapt Snipcart's look and feel to the existing online brand experience. Oh, and all this, without ever letting the customer leave the website.
2. Show & compare. Show them the cart & checkout flow. If you head to our homepage and hit the “Try the cart” button our default cart will pop up with our minimalistic theme designed to fit most websites. Going through the whole checkout process should convince them of the smooth e-commerce UX Snipcart brings. If it’s not enough for them, go on and show comparisons to other e-commerce solutions.
3. The merchant dashboard. The part of Snipcart these non-technical users will find themselves using the most in the dashboard. You can access it freely, no credit card required, by clicking the Sign up button. Walk them through the basic configurations & advanced e-commerce features to give them a sense of what Snipcart can do for their business.
- Can I build a new website with Snipcart?
- When should I use Snipcart to sell online?
- What programming skills do I need to set up Snipcart?
- How can I sell Snipcart to non-technical users?
- Do I need an SSL/HTTPS certificate installed on my website?
- Can I use Snipcart with WordPress?
- How can I suggest new features?
- Can I test Snipcart for free?
- Do you handle recurring payments & subscriptions?
- Does Snipcart offer a merchant dashboard?
- Can I sell digital goods with Snipcart?
Standard & custom pricing
- How do Standard & "I am special" pricings work?
- Why do you charge a minimal monthly fee of $10 on the Standard plan?
- If I make no sales, will I pay the $10 minimal monthly fee on the Standard plan?
- Do you offer discounts for high-volume sales?
- What are your rates for non-profit organizations?
- How much will it cost me to use Snipcart?
- Which languages are supported by Snipcart?
- Which currencies are supported by Snipcart?
- In which countries is Snipcart available?
- Can I set up crowdfunding with Snipcart?
- How can I cancel my account?
- Which browsers does Snipcart support?
- I'm a developer; how should I set up Snipcart for my client?
- How can I manage inventory for my store?
- How do I handle chargebacks with Snipcart?
Join 20 000+ developers & merchants. Testing is forever free, no credit card required.