Can I set up crowdfunding with Snipcart?
Yes, but there's a "but". Snipcart allows you to sell any kind of items on your site: physical products, donations, pre-orders, subscriptions, etc. However, Snipcart doesn't come equipped with the crowdfunding mechanisms you find on platforms like Kickstarter (automatic refunds, goal-setting, streamlined distribution, etc.). That being said, there are ways to automate many actions with Snipcart through our API and webhooks.
To double check if our feature set works for you, email us!
We love the idea of hosting customized crowdfunding on your own site, and we're happy to give a reduced fee to any crowdfunding initiative. Instead of our standard 2%, we'll lower the fee to 1.5%. Just email us when you're ready to use Snipcart for your collaborative funding initiative and we'll adjust your pricing!
- Can I build a new website with Snipcart?
- When should I use Snipcart to sell online?
- What programming skills do I need to set up Snipcart?
- How can I sell Snipcart to non-technical users?
- Do I need an SSL/HTTPS certificate installed on my website?
- Can I use Snipcart with WordPress?
- How can I suggest new features?
- Can I test Snipcart for free?
- Do you handle recurring payments & subscriptions?
- Does Snipcart offer a merchant dashboard?
- Can I sell digital goods with Snipcart?
Standard & custom pricing
- How do Standard & "I am special" pricings work?
- Why do you charge a minimal monthly fee of $10 on the Standard plan?
- If I make no sales, will I pay the $10 minimal monthly fee on the Standard plan?
- Do you offer discounts for high-volume sales?
- What are your rates for non-profit organizations?
- How much will it cost me to use Snipcart?
- Which languages are supported by Snipcart?
- Which currencies are supported by Snipcart?
- In which countries is Snipcart available?
- Can I set up crowdfunding with Snipcart?
- How can I cancel my account?
- Which browsers does Snipcart support?
- I'm a developer; how should I set up Snipcart for my client?
- How can I manage inventory for my store?
- How do I handle chargebacks with Snipcart?
Join 20 000+ developers & merchants. Testing is forever free, no credit card required.