In a rush? Skip to podcasts list.
Good frontend developers read a lot.
But stepping away from the screen doesn’t mean you can’t keep learning:
It’s 2018, and top-notch podcasts are always three finger taps away!
Plus, their audio format lets you optimize time spent exercising, commuting, or cleaning up.
Now the tricky part is, you guessed it, finding the right ones.
Good news is I already skimmed through the noise and found the signals.
The result? 16 quality JS-related web shows you’ll draw value from.
Let’s get to it.
How these podcasts were selected
- Podcast must be still running—no dead or sunsetted shows.
- Podcast must have social proof (Google/iTunes rankings, featured in publications, personally recommended by seasoned developers).
- Ratings and stars are fetched from iTunes directly.
- Description is fetched either from iTunes or official site.
- Featured episode must be JS-related or recent + relevant to web development.
- Featured review is fetched from iTunes when available. No negative reviews features—these shows made the list for a reason.
- Podcast platforms linked to, when available, are Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pocket Casts, and Stitcher.
- Use the comments to request addition of new shows or podcast platforms.
Note that I’ve added 3 framework-specific shows for Vue, React, Angular.
- 5⭐ - 48 ratings
Best dev podcast by far ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Front End Happy Hour
- 5⭐ - 10 ratings
A podcast featuring a panel of Software Engineers from Netflix, Evernote, Atlassian & LinkedIn talking over drinks about all things Front End development.
The best Front End dev podcast! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Full Stack Radio
- 5⭐ - 21 ratings
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.
If you’re learning to code, this podcast is perfect for you! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 5⭐ - 13 ratings
Stories and interviews from people on their coding journey.
Good for everyone ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 4.5⭐ - 62 ratings
ShopTalk is a podcast about front end web design, development and UX. Each week Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert are joined by a special guest to talk shop and answer listener submitted questions.
Web me up! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 4.5⭐ - 12 ratings
- 4.5⭐ - 14 ratings
Software Engineering Daily features daily interviews about technical software topics.
We exist to provide Vue developers with the latest news and tutorials to stay up-to-date with their technology.
Adventures in Angular
Adventures in Angular is a weekly podcast about developments in the Angular community, tools, techniques, and ecosystem.
Conversations about React with your favorite developers.
Modern Web is a podcast that covers the latest news on topics such as EmberJS, ReactJS, AngularJS, ES2015, RxJS, Functional Reactive Programming, and more.
The Web Platform Podcast
Bonus: team picks!
I thought I’d leave you guys with our very own favorites at Snipcart.
- S-Town — ❤ by Math, Franck
This is one of the best true stories I’ve ever head, period. High emotions.
- The Skeptics Guide to the Universe — ❤ by NaN
Promoting critical thinking and reason among us laymen.
- Malcolm Gladwell’s Revisionist History — ❤ by Math, Franck, Georges
Good ol’ Malcolm tackles overlooked/forgotten episodes in recent history.
Charles and Jean-Seb aren’t listening to podcasts, so they get this gif:
Psst: I’m in the Alpha phase of launching a podcast called WorkWithDevs, which helps modern professionals better understand & collaborate with developers. I’d love to get feedback on the first episodes!
The first two are among our most popular posts on the blog, and the last one is a battle-tested list of resources to get started with JS.
Happy listening/reading/coding! ✌️
If you've enjoyed this post, please take a second to share it on Twitter. Got comments, questions? Hit the section below!